Who is the course designed for?
This course is designed for individuals wishing to teach a combination of Conflict Management, Disengagement/Breakaways, Positive Handling, Safer Restraint Holding and/or Handcuffing for professional workers. The course can also include a recognised Adult Education and Training (Teaching) or Presentation Skills accreditation.
Generic Course syllabus: 1. Pre-course reading, classroom and practical skills learning:
- The law relating to the use of reasonable force and self-defence
- Organisational policies and procedures
- Threat assessment (control versus injury)
- Physical intervention and Advanced Restraint techniques
- Carriage and application of Soft-Cuffs/Handcuffs
- Carriage and application of Limb Restraints on non-compliant persons
What are the benefits of this course?
You will be qualified to train and instruct learners in the application and safe use of Physical Intervention techniques, Handcuffs and Limb Restraints. Techniques learnt during the course are taught in accordance with current Home Office guidelines.
Delivery, Assessment and Certification
- Formal presentation, discussion, group work and practical exercises.
- Learners knowledge is evidenced by verbal or written questioning.
- The course is nationally recognised, accredited and certificated.
Post-training incident management support is offered as part of our client customer service provision
Please call 0845-056-4343 or 07800-904-551 to discuss your needs. Alternatively please contact us here