Who is the course designed for?
This qualification is aimed at people who are most likely to start smoking – young teenagers it is developed in conjunction with Trading Standards’ ground-breaking educational DVD “Choked Up” and it educates and informs both children and adults about the social, economic, and health impacts of smoking.
The qualification covers the following topics:
- Why people start smoking
- What is in tobacco products
- The short, medium and long-term effects of smoking
- The dangers of passive smoking
- How to give up smoking and the benefits of stopping
- The implications of the illegal trade in tobacco
What are the benefits of this course?
This course is designed to give individuals a better understanding and comprehension of the effects that smoking and secondary smoking can have upon people. It will assist individuals to further improve their overall awareness of health and wellbeing.
Delivery, Assessment and Certification
- Formal presentation, discussion, group work and practical exercises.
- Learners knowledge is evidenced by verbal or written questioning.
- The course is nationally recognised, accredited and certificated.
Post-training incident management support is offered as part of our client customer service provision