- COURSE SYLLABUS
Injuries caused by poor lifting techniques are one of the most common causes of prolonged time of work in the UK. So much so, that manual handling training is now likely to be compulsory training in any workplace expecting staff members to lift inanimate objects as part of their job role. Failure to properly adhere to this training is, in the long run, both costly to the individual and their company!
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- Understand the importance of correct manual handling.
- Manual handling operations which are hazardous to health.
- How to prevent injury and harm from manual handling.
- Legal requirements with regards to manual handling operations in the workplace.
- The value of risk assessment and how it applies to safe manual handling practice.