As part of the restraint training we offer, the team at NVC Awareness also provide handcuff training for Physical Intervention
Who is the course designed for?
This course is designed for staff and others who use or may have to use soft-cuff, fixed rigid, chain-linked, hinged or a form of plastic handcuffs to restrain individuals. Entry requirements onto the course include previous attendance on a recognised Conflict Management and Physical Intervention course or equivalents.
1. One-day course covering:
- Refresh conflict management training
- The law relating to the use of reasonable force
- Refresh physical intervention techniques
- Advanced physical intervention techniques (ie; control and restraint)
- The carriage and deployment of handcuffs
- The application of handcuffs on co-operative and potentially non-co-operative persons
- Aftercare and post-incident management and support
What are the benefits of this course?
You will be qualified to carry and apply handcuffs. There is an increasing assessed requirement for the use of reasonable force and exercising of powers of arrest as citizens and Crown Servants. Handcuffing should not be resorted to unless there is a good reason to believe that violence may be used or an escape attempted. Techniques learnt during the course are taught in accordance with current Home Office guidelines.
Delivery, Assessment and Certification
- Formal presentation, discussion, group work and practical exercises.
- Learners knowledge is evidenced by verbal or written questioning.
- The course is nationally recognised, accredited and certificated.
Post-training incident management support is offered as part of our client customer service provision
Please call 0845-056-4343 or 07800-904-551 to discuss your needs. Alternatively, please contact us here