- COURSE SYLLABUS
First Aid at Work
This is a high quality, intensive course that provides delegates with the vast set of practical skills necessary to respond to a range of first aid emergencies. Upon completion of the course, delegates will be awarded a certificate that enables them to become a designated workplace first aider in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
OFQUAL accreditation is available for a small extra fee and the course can be adapted to suit any particular requirements.
Outline of Programme
- Introduction and explanation.
- First aid health and safety regulations.
- How to manage incidents calmly and safely.
- The examination of a casualty and further actions/treatments.
- Treatment of unconsciousness, Shock, bleeding, fractures, burns and scalds.
- How to deal with heart attacks, eye injuries and general common illnesses.
- Knowledge of basic life support.
- First aid kits and dressings.
- Recording and reporting injuries.