- COURSE SYLLABUS
This Falls Prevention Training will provide formative knowledge and understanding as to why falls occur in residential and nursing care homes and possible strategies for preventing and managing falls to improve the quality of care and support given to vulnerable individuals.
- Falls and fractures in vulnerable people aged 65 and over account for over 4 million hospital bed days each year in England alone.
- Injurious falls, including over 70,000 hip fractures per year are the leading cause of accident-related mortality in older people.
- After a fall, an older person has a 50% probability of having their mobility seriously impaired and a 10% probability of dying within 12 months.
- Falls destroy confidence, increase isolation and reduce independence, with around 1 in 10 older people who fall becoming afraid leave their homes or walk independently.
- Training, supervision and tailored exercise programmes can reduce falls by as much as 54%.
- RECENT FEEDBACK
I think this is a course I can put into practice