Who is the course designed for?
Individuals who need to know how to recognise aspects of Conflict that may be encountered and to understand and be aware of different methods that can be used to resolve such conflicts.
- Explore the individual perception of confrontation
- Define the common causes of conflict and its effects
- Recognise why, how and where conflict may occur in the workplace
- Give examples of communication breakdown
- Understand a range of communication models – LEAPS
- Explain how attitudes affect behaviours
- Describe how to manage conflict to achieve positive results
- Understand physical interventions and the legal and professional implications of their use
- Understand how to reduce the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used
- Be able to use non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others from harm
- Be able to use ‘non-pain’ related standing and escorting techniques, including restrictive and non-restrictive skills
- Understand good practice to follow after physical intervention
What are the benefits of this course?
You will be qualified to prevent and challenge difficult behaviours in the workplace, there causes and know what can be done to manage it effectively. Help managers, team leaders and staff create a positive working environment through a range of strategies which can be used to proactively prevent, manage and defuse conflict in the workplace.
Delivery, Assessment and Certification
- Formal presentation, discussion, group work and practical exercises.
- Learners knowledge is evidenced by verbal or written questioning.
- The course is nationally recognised, accredited and certificated.
Post-training incident management support is offered as part of our client customer service provision
Please call 0845-056-4343 or 07800-904-551 to discuss your needs. Alternatively, please contact us here