top of page

BIIB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders Course

BIIB Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders Course


Premier Inn Leicester Fosse Park Hotel, Braunstone Ln E, Leicester LE3 2FW


1 Day

09:00 - 17:00 

Refreshments: Teas, coffees and water provided


£216.00 incl VAT

Who is the course designed for?

This 1-day course is aimed at anyone who wishes to sell or authorise the sale of alcohol, specifically those who work in licensed premises or any venue or site where alcohol is sold, for drinking on or off the premises. Our courses start at 9 am and finish around 4.30 pm.

The law states anyone wishing to sell or authorise the sale of alcohol must hold a ‘Personal Licence’ which is issued by their local authority. It is a requirement that anyone requiring this must have gained an Award for Personal Licence Holders qualification (APLH) before applying to sell alcohol. Put simply, the candidate must pass the APLH course before applying for their Personal Licence.

Course syllabus

Level 2 award for personal licence holders Course:

• The responsible retail sale of alcohol

• The role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law

• The roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives

• Unauthorised and temporary licensable activities

• The application process for a personal licence

• Rights of entry to licensed premises

• Police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises

• The specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol

• The strengths of alcoholic drinks and the effects of alcohol on the human body

• The protection of children from harm

• The premises licence

• The content and purpose of operating schedules

• The role and duties of the designated premises supervisor

Course Benefits

Learners who attend the Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders (APLH) will receive a certificate from the awarding body, the British Institute of Innkeeping Awarding Body (BIIAB).

What do I need to do to get my personal licence?

After passing the exam you then need to make an application to your local council. An application must also be made for a DBS certificate. Once issued, the Licence will last indefinitely, with no need to renew.

Delivery, Assessment and Certification


Report / Statement Writing
Report / Statement Writing

Report / Statement Writing

Individuals who need to know how to present a professional statement/report which complies with the laws and regulations relevant to carrying out investigations.

What Our Clients Say


bottom of page